Monday, September 3, 2012

Reupholstered Chair

I tried my hand at reupholstering.  I have often done items that just require a few staples that are hidden underneath, but never something that would be fully exposed. Luckily it didn't turn out too badly, so now I will be keeping my eyes peeled for more furniture, and not just of the wood type:)




Sorry this is the only BEFORE photo of the torn back


Ottoman BEFORE
 This chair was a $6 yard sale find, and the ottoman was brought to me at the store.  I bought it for $4.  Not a bad set for $10!  I scored the new fabric on the clearance rack and was ready to roll.






Happy Pickin'
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with chair. I believe I have one very similar that was my grandmothers and in need of a redo. Even funnier is I have some of that same fabric that I made a duvet cover with. The arms of my chair have had nails put in to hold it together so I guess painting is my only option. Thanks for posting! It was great to see a chair so close to mine redone.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story. We apparently have the same tastes :)

    ReplyDelete