Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pet Projects, as in Animals

 

I have put these off for a few months and focused on large items.  But with the holidays approaching I have been working on things that I thought would make good gifts.  The first is a pet bed made from a coffee table that is flipped over, with the legs cut off.  I had a piece of door in my scrap pile and a couple of finials that I thought would match up nicely. 
 
The crowning piece is sort of my signature piece, a couch pediment.  I have a dwindling stash of these ornately carved pieces that I picked up at a yard sale and I would say they never fail to add that extra special elegance to many of my creations.  This bed lasted less than an hour after it was staged in the store.  I imagine a lovely little critter is sleeping snuggly within it's frame.
 
 .
I really enjoy trying to use as many different bits and pieces as possible in my creations.  As you can see the pet dish stand was made from a cabinet door, bead board, rosettes, post top finials as legs mounted on scrap 4x4's. 
 
 
 
Again, the pediment makes it pop!
 
 
 
 
UPDATE>>>>>>>  All my dog beds and dog dish stands so far <<<<<<<<<
 

Repurposed ceiling lights
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OLD STEREO CABINETS
 
 
 
OLD DRAWERS
 
 
 
OLD CHAIRS AND CHAIR PARTS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

OLD COFFEE TABLES
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
OLD SUITCASE
 
 
 
 Keep on Pickin'
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment